IAC’s Code of Conduct
By attending an IAC event, all participants agree with this code of conduct.
IAC is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience at our events for all participants, including speakers, attendees, partners, volunteers, as well as venue, supplier, and IAC staff. We value everyone’s participation and expect participants to help ensure a safe and positive experience for all.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert event organizers if you witness unacceptable behaviour.
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct.
- Harassment includes offensive oral or written remarks, gestures, display of images or other conduct that demeans, belittles, insults, derides or humiliates an individual or group, or that perpetuates or reinforces pejorative stereotypes.
- Sexual harassment includes unnecessary physical contact, unwanted touching, intrusive sexual questions, comments of a sexual nature, comments about bodies or appearance, and unwelcome sexual solicitations or advances.
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion, and involvement of law enforcement officials if necessary.