Contract, 3-6 months
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the VP IAC Education Strategy & Delivery will co-lead IAC’s Education, Advisory and Best Practices Program, by creating and delivering an Education Strategy based on membership needs, including advanced education programs, bespoke advisory services, and the development and promotion of IP based best practices for SMEs. At our current growth stage, this is a short-term contract position to help define, position, and create a foundation for IAC’s core Education content as it moves to full program operation.
The VP will also define IACs Research and Consultation Strategy aimed at determining further education needs for under-represented groups and providing policy recommendations to the Federal Government.
IAC Members, Government Institutions, Universities/Academics, Corporate leadership and Internal IAC stakeholders and product owners.
Mission and Scope
- Define and operationalize IAC’s Education Strategy and product plan, ensuring such strategy will support IACs long term sustainability goals.
- Ensure the Education Strategy remains current, and adaptive based on membership needs, including at times delivering interactive needs discovery processes with potential members and channel partners to generate data and feedback for IAC Education products.
- Drawing on detailed knowledge of education approaches and learning needs in the IP space, define offers that leverage best practices, maximize learning potential and bring real value to the membership by boosting competency and awareness of IP.
- Build and own IACs Education brand, and be a front-facing leader of the IAC Education Offer including at times, creating and delivering content.
- Work with IACs Communications Lead to develop communications and promote IAC’s education initiatives to partners and members.
- Ensure education offers are integrated upstream and downstream with all other IAC products.
- Oversee the creation, and delivery of IAC Education content, events and initiatives for members.
- Establish and manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- Manage the Education Program budget, metrics and reporting, and internal IAC Education team talent.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Build a lean and highly effective team capable of delivering the Education Strategy including content creation and delivery, administration, and supporting IAC program deployment and channel member goals to ensure broad success.
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of IACs vision, strategy and business objectives.
- Work cross functionally to animate programs and deliver for our members.
IACs Research and Consultation Strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- As part of IAC’s overall Education Strategy & Operationalization plan, work with existing IAC IP Leadership to define and operationalize IAC’s Education Research & Consultation Strategy
- Work with existing IAC IP Leadership to define, create, or ensure member delivery of Education offers and opportunities, such as specific IP programming for women and Indigenous entrepreneurs, executive IP podcasts, or other special education programs as defined by IAC’s executive team.
- As required by the IAC executive team.
- Creation of IP specific education content for members, as defined by IAC’s executive team and/or the IAC Education Offer Strategy.
This position could include other duties as assigned, based on start-up needs of IAC.
Key competencies required for success
- Visionary mindset with an ability to create momentum and execute through others
- Deep knowledge & expertise in education and the IP space
- Leadership and an ability to motivate others to do their best work
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Able to build trust with people from different communities & backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of French is desirable
Limited travel will be expected within neighboring provinces, and occasional cross-Canada travel as needed.
Required education and experience
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years Public/Government experience, or similar experience working directly with NFP/Public/Government organizations on IP and education based issues.
- 10+ years in IP space as a thought leader
- Demonstrated experience in creating learning strategies, including delivering Adult Education, Post-Secondary Learning Delivery Experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading education curriculum in the IP Space.
This is a three to six-month contract position, with the potential for extension or renewal increase of time into a permanent role.
IAC is open to a job-sharing arrangement.
This position will be open until February 19, 2021.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
IAC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. IAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.